Weight loss and eating
- Macmillan Professionals
Duration: 10 hours
Focusing on core knowledge and skills, and looking at how to apply some of the learning in your workplace.
Living with the impact of cancer
Equip yourself with the vital skills you need to strengthen your relationships with people living with or beyond cancer and help them to self-manage more effectively.
If you have previously enrolled on this course and want to download your certificate, you may Log-in.
Help people with advanced cancer to manage their weight loss and eating related concerns.
- Definition of weight and eating related concerns and the weight loss taboo
- Evidence base for the Macmillan Approach to Weight loss and Eating (MAWE)
- Communication issues
- The healing value of stories and story telling
- Resolving disagreements
- Self awareness
- Nutrition, including the debate around optimal nutrition; eating well; improving energy and protein intake
- Identifying and responding to self-action
Any Macmillan Professional
Special thanks to all the patients, carers and healthcare professionals involved in the Macmillan Weight and Eating Studies