Service improvement using Lean methodology
- Macmillan Professionals
Duration: 4 days
Offering a higher-level provision of knowledge and skills, and focusing on how to apply them at a more advanced or strategic level.
Leadership and change
Whether you need to deliver memorable presentations, manage projects or lead teams, these courses will provide you with the knowledge and the confidence you need to shine.
Learn how to use the Lean methodology at an in-depth level to develop and improve services.
This programme represents an outstanding opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in continuous improvement, and to deliver measurable and worthwhile benefits for the organisation.
- Understand the basic concepts of Lean and how to use the Five Lean Principles
- Learn how to apply systematic problem solving for service improvement
- Learn the key Lean tools that will help you analyse the performance drivers in your existing processes
- Understand how to perform Process Mapping and Value Stream Mapping
- Learn how to work through the improvement sequence of "As Is" to "Should Be" to "Blue Sky"
- Understand how to pilot improvements and work through cycles of learning to implement great solutions
- Understand both the process and people issues that underpin the ability of organisations to sustain improvement
- Develop an ability to lead and facilitate improvement events using Lean tools
- Define and plan your own Lean improvement project
This course is classroom based learning run over 4 days plus coaching support.:
1-3 March and 29 August 2017 in Glasgow
3-5 October 2017 and 28 February 2018 in Birmingham
If you would like to request a course please select from the list below (only the first dates for each location is shown but you will be requesting a place for all dates as shown above and committing to the coaching support)
Any Macmillan professional who has identified an improvement project for development and implementation, and has organisational agreement to proceed. Applicants will need to complete a detailed application to ensure they are able to implement the learning from this programme.
Request your place
This course is only available to Macmillan Professionals.
Although Macmillan Cancer Support will not charge for this event, please bear in mind that the charity incurs charges for cancellations and no-shows. Please seek permission to attend from your line manager or team if necessary before submitting your form.