Service improvement using Lean methodology
- Macmillan Professionals
Duration: 4 days
Providing you with more detailed knowledge and skills, and exploring how to apply these within the remit of your role.
Leadership and change
Whether you need to deliver memorable presentations, manage projects or lead teams, these courses will provide you with the knowledge and the confidence you need to shine.
Learn how to use the Lean methodology at an advanced level to develop and improve services.
The course is divided into four modules: core skills, redesigning services, implementing service improvement, and events and programmes.
- Understand the basic concepts of Lean and learn how to use the five Lean principles.
- Find out how to utilise a basic problem solving set for service improvement.
- Understand the basics of Value Stream Mapping.
- Develop the ability to lead a blue sky process.
- Understand about Lean events and be able to turn a Value Stream Map into an implementation plan.
- Begin to understand the people issues that underpin the ability of organisations to sustain service improvement.
- Find out how to plan cellular working.
- Understand how to structure a Lean programme consisting of multiple events and activities.
- Learn how to review the issues that arise in facilitating Lean events.
- Plan your post-training project in detail.
- Create a service improvement strategy.
- Prepare for the post-programme support.
This course is run over 4 days, however in some instances these are non-consecutive. The dates are:
20-21 May & 3-4 June in Leeds
19-20 May & 25-26 June in Edinburgh
9 June & 7 July & 8 September & 6 October in Cardiff
16-17 September & 14-15 October in Antrim, Northern Ireland
If you would like to request a course please select from the list below (only the first date for each location is shown but you will be requesting a place for all dates as shown above)
Cosensa Learning & Development delivers a wide variety of training services to the public, private and third sectors throughout the UK and Ireland. They use professional, highly experienced trainers with formidable reputations in training and coaching.
Request your place
This course is only available to Macmillan Professionals.
Although Macmillan Cancer Support will not charge Macmillan Professionals for this event, please bear in mind that the charity incurs charges for cancellations and no-shows. Please seek permission to attend from your line manager or team if necessary before submitting your form.