HOPE Information Session
Suitable for: Macmillan Professionals
Duration: 2.5 hours
Focusing on core knowledge and skills, and looking at how to apply some of the learning in your workplace.
Living with the impact of cancer
Equip yourself with the vital skills you need to strengthen your relationships with people living with or beyond cancer and help them to self-manage more effectively.
This 2.5 hour virtual session is an opportunity to learn more about Macmillan’s HOPE programme that runs under licence from H4C (hope in the community).
HOPE is a unique self-management programme that supports people as they progress from their treatment phase into recovery. Macmillan supports organisations wishing to run HOPE by providing facilitator training, assessor training and update sessions. Facilitator training equips you with the skills knowledge and materials to deliver HOPE courses to patients and clients.
This session is designed to give you an overview of what HOPE is, and it covers:
- The HOPE ethos - what HOPE is and how it works
- How organisations can implement and run HOPE programmes for their patients and clients
- An overview of facilitator training and other related HOPE training provided by Macmillan
- Next steps if you want to become organisation that delivers HOPE
Who is it for?
This session is open to anyone who would like to find out more about offering HOPE including:
- Organisations and managers that are considering offering HOPE as a service within their organisation;
- Individuals working in the cancer workforce that want to find out more about HOPE, this could include individuals with a healthcare background, as well as volunteers who have been affected by cancer, either as a carer or patient.
Request your place
This course is only available to Macmillan Professionals.
Although Macmillan Cancer Support will not charge for this event, please bear in mind that the charity incurs charges for cancellations and no-shows. Please seek permission to attend from your line manager or team if necessary before submitting your form.