The material has been produced by Macmillan GP Advisor Charles Campion-Smith, working with the team at BMJ Learning.
- The module focuses on the benefits of a high quality cancer care review, but incorporates other aspects such as the management of late effects of cancer and cancer treatments.
- It includes clinical scenarios; video clips; self assessment; and a post-module test.
- Certificates for appraisal and revalidation can be printed on completion
- It provides links to further resources for patients, such as the distress thermometer
To access, click Support for people affected by cancer in primary care or visit BMJ Learning.
Please disseminate information about this free module to your colleagues.
Other modules which Macmillan Cancer Support has been involved in developing are:
- Palliative care during the out-of-hours period
- Patients with recurrences of cancer: a guide to diagnosis and management
- Palliative care in the community
- Cancer and genetics: an up-to-date guide
- Side effects of chemotherapy: a practical guide for primary care
- Managing the impact of a diagnosis of cancer