Understanding cancer and its treatments
- Macmillan Professionals
Duration: 1 day
Focusing on core knowledge and skills, and looking at how to apply some of the learning in your workplace.
The changing cancer environment
We offer an array of fundamental courses that will help you negotiate difficult situations and improve your understanding of cancer care's ever-changing landscape.
Explore the fundamentals of cancer prevention, early detection, investigation, staging and treatment options.
Develop a clear understanding of the nature of cancer.
- Describe the biological nature of cancer in basic terms.
- Discuss the risk factors for developing cancer.
- List the potential signs for common cancers, eg breast, prostate, bowel, lung and skin cancer.
- Discuss staging of different cancers and investigations to stage and diagnose cancer.
- Describe the main treatment options for cancer.
Any Macmillan professional from a non-clinical background who wants to develop an understanding of cancer.
Macmillan's Learning and Development team deliver a range of training programmes for health and social care professionals. Our trainers have a wide breadth of experience in their field and deliver high quality training opportunities.
Request your place
This course is only available to Macmillan Professionals.
Although Macmillan Cancer Support will not charge Macmillan Professionals for this event, please bear in mind that the charity incurs charges for cancellations and no-shows. Please seek permission to attend from your line manager or team if necessary before submitting your form.