Understand the key issues and the lessons learned in supporting patients and their carers at the end of life.
At the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Highlight the importance of anticipatory care and the challenges health care professionals face
- Describe how partnership resolution to complaints results in service improvements and how positive experiences may be replicated across different settings
- Understand the challenges of managing patients in different clinical settings and the importance of philosophies of care creating the right environment and staff attitudes
- Identify issues that are important to carers
- Recognise the challenges to integrating services and provide examples of good practice
The course is based on case studies and videos.